In pursuance of the philosophy of Guru Nanak DevJi to spread the light of knowledge, a degree college named after the great saint ‘Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Yamuna Nagar’ came into existence in 1968 to teach Commerce and Humanities. At that point of time, there was a need of some charismatic personality for mature guidance, proper development & growth of the college. Hon’ble S. Bhupinder Singh Jauhar, a reputed philanthropist and great visionary came forward for the noble cause and took the entire responsibility on his strong shoulders to spread quality education under the banner of ‘Guru Nanak Khalsa Group of Educational Institutions (GNKGEIs)’. In the last five decades, GNKGEI has grown from the strength to strength. Later, in addition to the college, the following educational institutions imparting technical education and business management programs belonging to this group were set up for imparting specialized quality education to the students:
- Guru Nanak Khalsa Institute of Technology and Management Studies, Yamuna Nagar (MCA) [Estd.-1998].
- Guru Gobind Singh Institute of Technology and Management Studies, Yamuna Nagar (MBA) [Estd.-1999].
- Guru Gobind Singh College of Pharmacy, Yamuna Nagar (B. Pharmacy) [Estd.-2002].
- Guru Gobind Singh Business School, Yamuna Nagar (5-Year Integrated MBA Programme) [Estd.-2010].
- Guru Nanak Khalsa Institute of Technology and Management-Technical Campus, Yamuna Nagar [Estd.-2012].
In the year 2011, the Guru Nanak Khalsa College Committee, decided to merge all the above institutes into a technical campus with an aim to impart technical education programs. Hence, today we have Guru Nanak Khalsa Institute of Technology and Management-Technical Campus (GNKITM). The technical campus includes the following three schools under its belt:
- School of Computer Application
- School of Business Administration
- College of Pharmacy
The technical campus is approved by AICTE and Ministry HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi. The institute is affiliated with Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra for Computer Application and Management courses and with Pt. B.D.S. University of Health Sciences, Rohtak for Pharmacy course.